THE VILLAGE OF WILBUR PARK
ST. LOUIS COUNTY, MO 63123
September 21, 2021
- Meeting called to Order at 7:02. Board Members Heidi Warren, Mike Edwards, Neal Vohsen, JC Wheeler and Donna Gravatt present. Village Attorney Bob Paster present. Officer Dan Schroeder absent. We are in a web meeting because of COVID-19.
2. August 2021 meeting minutes reviewed. Neal had questions regarding the resident mailer for the Sewer Lateral Program and everyone discussed. Neal motioned to accept the minutes, JC seconded and all agreed.
3. August 2021 Police Activity Report presented by Neal in Dan’s absence.
Total Calls for Service: 265 Self-Initiated Calls: 14
Total Contract Patrols: 243 Directed Calls: 3
Total Time in Minutes Spent on Contract Patrols: 2346.9 Reports Written: 0
Summonses Issued: 0
4. Treasurer’s Report for August 2021 presented by JC Wheeler
August 2021 Profit & Loss Statement presented. Balance Sheet as of August 31, 2021. Sewer Lateral balance is $5,619.38 with $2,000.00 pending. In years past, the Sewer Lateral account was depleted by this time of year.
County Public Safety balance is $44,220.71 after spending $29,370.04.
JC and Neal think we were overpaid by the Cares Act by $595.76. We will keep it until someone asks for it.
5. Road & Building Commissioner’s Report presented by Mike Edwards.
No updates for 9039 Kathleen. Tree survived the storms of late.
There has been a care speeding up and down the street. We need to consider calming measures. Might need to borrow the Stealth kits from the police. Neal is going to check the Village for speed limit signs.
Zoning approval granted to 9051 for a shed with a concrete floor.
The asphalt repairs made by Neal have been holding and he is ready to do a few more.
A backyard structure request by 9014 Dana was denied. No more information. If anything was happening, Mike confident that the neighbor would have called.
6. Waste Management Report presented by Heidi Warren.
Nothing to report.
7. Village Clerk Report presented by Donna Gravatt.
Garage Permit request by 9035 Kathleen.
Discussed Garage Sale permits. One garage sale per year is the limit with a 2-day within the same week time frame.
8. Chairman’s Report presented by Neal Vohsen.
The Village declined in Biden’s Recovery Plan. There was strict guidelines and Wilbur Park would not have qualified.
Deloitte has been reviewing police contracts and are not happy with the language. Most municipalities are using the same language.
The Trustees need to provide outlines to the Webmaster to move forward with designing the new website.
9. New Business
Working on newsletter. Remind residents about the trash pickups and the guidelines.
Candidacy filed in December for April Election for JC’s and Mike’s seats.
10. Motion to adjourn made by JC and Neal seconded. Meeting adjourned at 8:17.