THE VILLAGE OF WILBUR PARK
ST. LOUIS COUNTY, MO 63123
October 20, 2020
- Meeting called to Order at 7:07. Board Members Neal Vohsen, Heidi Warren, Mike Edwards, JC Wheeler and Donna Gravatt present. Village Attorney Bob Paster also present. Officer Dan Schroeder was not present. We are in a web meeting because of COVID-19.
- September meeting minutes reviewed and stand as presented.
- September 2020 Police Activity Report presented by Neal Vohsen.
Total Calls for Service: 288 Self-Initiated Calls: 14
Total Contract Patrols: 262 Directed Calls: 7
Total Time in Minutes Spent on Contract Patrols: 2497.6
Reports Written: 0 Summonses Issued: 0
Average Minutes per Contract Patrol: 9.5 Total Arrests: 0
4. Treasurer’s Report for September 2020 presented by JC Wheeler
September 2020 Profit & Loss Statement presented. Balance Sheet as of September 30, 2020.
Wilhite’s house is on the market. They did not make any sewer lateral claims, but they fixed it before listing with ReMax.
Need to make decision on meeting room.
What are we going to do with the Prop P Money? What are other municipalities doing with the money?
If Wilbur Park purchases a message board, who is the owner? Who would pay for maintenance and insurance? How do we justify this purchase? Would Wilbur Park have access to the message board whenever we wanted? Who has first right to use? Do the police really want or need one?
There are still lots of questions that need to be answered before this purchase is made. The quote from Stalker Radar is $21,744.00 but that does not include a license plate reader.
Bob said he will call Dan to get questions answered.
Commerce Brokerage accounts are cash heavy and they don’t accrue very much interest.
What are other options to invest with greater return? We have lots of cash in accounts which are over the insured amount. Need to adjust.
Motion to accept Treasurer’s report was made by Neal and all accepted.
5. Road & Building Commissioner’s Report presented by Mike Edwards.
9039 Kathleen’s violation notice has been filed. There is a web meeting schedules for Nov. 3 at 7 pm. The neighbors are complaining. Repairs need to be made within 30 days or Wilbur Park can make repairs and send bill. If Wilbur Park has to gain access to the home, it is recommended that we have police present when we do so.
Occupancy permits are ongoing.
6. Waste Management Report presented by Heidi Warren.
Nothing to report
7. Village Clerk Report presented by Donna Gravatt.
Nothing to report.
8. Chairman’s Report presented by Neal Vohsen.
Wilbur Park letterhead has been distributed. New neighbors received their trash bins.
Neal to contact Ameren regarding the utility pole in a resident’s yard.
Apparently, Wilbur Park can file claims with St. Louis County to recover costs/expenses/losses due to COVID. Police costs and Web Meeting Expenses are recoverable. Neal is filing the application.
9. New Business
10. Motion to adjourn made by Neal and JC seconded. Meeting adjourned at 8:13.