Monthly Meeting Minutes – September 15th, 2020



September 15, 2020


  1. Meeting called to Order at 7:04.  Board Members Neal Vohsen, Heidi Warren, Mike Edwards, JC Wheeler and Donna Gravatt present.  Village Attorney Bob Paster also present.  Officer Dan Schroeder was not present.  We are in a web meeting because of COVID-19 and one resident joined us on the web meeting.

2.  August meeting minutes reviewed and stand as presented.

3.  August 2020 Police Activity Report presented by Neal Vohsen.

            Total Calls for Service: 276                                                            Self-Initiated Calls:  10

            Total Contract Patrols: 276                                                            Directed Calls:  7

Total Time in Minutes Spent on Contract Patrols: 2804.2      Reports Written: 0

             Summonses Issued:  0

             Average Minutes per Contract Patrol:  10.2                               Total Arrests: 0

JC had a few comments from Dan.  Vehicles and motorcycles have been stolen                       from Greenpark.  County and City is working together on this issue.

4.  Treasurer’s Report for August  2020 presented by JC Wheeler

Total Income $9,575.96
Total Expense $5,578.25
Net Income $3,997.71


            August 2020 Profit & Loss Statement presented.  Balance Sheet as of August 31,                     2020.

            Sewer Lateral program had a balance of $4,028.57.

            The County Report says there is no one on the sewer lateral list, but Heidi’s house                 is still not finished.  The County says it is not an emergency.

             MSD is slow to respond, they are blaming it on COVID, working from home and                     change in personnel.

            Cash is growing at Commerce, Central Investments and Bussey.

            Mike noticed the Pellin total was not on the Profit and Loss sheet.  JC will look into.

            J C is going to contact the landscaper regarding cutting the grass in the Autumn                   Court circle.  Apparently, the neighbors have been cutting the grass there for 14                     years, taking turns.

           Neal received an email regarding municipality funding for COVID for any expenses               or losses.  Wilbur Park has no expenses and no issues with any losses.

           JC is going to send us all the information on the message board, so we can discuss at             the October meeting.

5.  Road & Building Commissioner’s Report presented by Mike Edwards.

Mike is a little concerned for the winter weather maintenance.

Update on issues at 9039 Kathleen.  It has been 30 days since the inspection.

             Rosemary is sinking because of the issues with the sewer laterals.

              Steady amount of occupancy permits and inspections.  Mike puts the reports in                      the residents’ mailboxes.  After inspection passes, they get their occupancy permit.                He has been having good results with his process. 

               Mike is going to do a visual inspection of the standing water issues on the house                     on Weber.

9104 Dana – the carport is gone.  The current resident was very cooperative with                   removing it.  The sale contract fell through because the potential buyers had                           chickens they wanted to bring with them and have on this property.  Wilbur Park                   does not allow chickens.

6.  Waste Management Report presented by Heidi Warren.

              Heidi noticed 9024 and 9023 Kathleen needs the green trash bins.  Neal said we                     will get them new ones because it is not worth trying to retrieve from the previous                 owners.  JC said we have 8 spare green trash bins in storage.  Neal said he would                  get green bins and have Property of Wilbur Park printed on them.

7.  Village Clerk Report presented by Donna Gravatt.

               In contact with one resident on Philo who wants to have a garage sale.

8.  Chairman’s Report presented by Neal Vohsen.

            Neal is going to get some Wilbur Park letterhead printed for Village                                          correspondence.  Bob and Mike would have to have some for their correspondence                 and occupancy permits.

There will be street blockage on Weber for a period of time.  Neal will call to get                       more information.  Bob needs to send the company installing the fiber optic lines a               letter of comment on letterhead.

A couple of houses which recently sold, left their old, non-functioning dishwashers.              Neal will talk to residents and schedule a pick up.

A resident has a utility pole in their yard that is not being used and is now leaning                  on their fence.  Neal looked at it and confirmed the resident’s claim.  Neal will call                Ameren to get it removed.

9.  New Business


10.  Motion to adjourn made by Neal and Donna seconded.  Meeting adjourned at 8:00.

This entry was posted in Meeting Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.