THE VILLAGE OF WILBUR PARK
ST. LOUIS COUNTY, MO 63123
August 18, 2020
- Meeting called to Order at 7:02. Board Members Neal Vohsen, Heidi Warren, Mike Edwards, JC Wheeler and Donna Gravatt present. Village Attorney Bob Paster and Officer Dan Schroeder also present. We are in a web meeting because of COVID-19.
2. June meeting minutes reviewed and stand as presented. Neal accepted and JC seconded.
3. July 2020 Police Activity Report presented by Officer Schroeder.
Total Calls for Service: 295 Self-Initiated Calls: 6
Total Contract Patrols: 277 Directed Calls: 5
Total Time in Minutes Spent on Contract Patrols: 2847.0` Reports Written: 1
Summonses Issued: 0
Average Minutes per Contract Patrol: 10.3 Total Arrests: 1
Police spending time on midnights to help with the auto thefts from dealerships.
Neal asked about the dirt bike on Kathleen. Seems the issue has been taken care of.
There was a warrant arrest at Kathleen and Weber.
4. Treasurer’s Report for July 2020 presented by JC Wheeler
Total Income $11,167.62
Total Expenses $ 5,998.34
Net Income $5,169.28
July 2020 Profit & Loss Statement presented. Balance Sheet as of July 31, 2020.
Sewer Lateral program had a balance of $4,215.96 as of August 18, 2020.
If a house sells with their name on the sewer lateral waiting list, the new owner assumes that position.
The new police contract is $2,148.24 per month. Still need to spend down the Prop P money.
Talked about slowing traffic down with the message board with license plate reader.
Motion to accept Treasurer’s report was made by Neal and seconded by Heidi.
5. Road & Building Commissioner’s Report presented by Mike Edwards.
The Board met at the circle on Autumn Court on August 6 to talk about what to do with the circle.
Lots of occupancy inspections. Buyers are including sewer lateral inspections in their home inspections. Seems that everyone who inspects the sewer has lateral issues.
Two houses on Rosemary are having sewer lateral issues and it is causing the road to sink.
There is no update on broken window and maintenance issues at 9039 Kathleen. Mike has asked Dan to follow up with this.
Wilbur Park has approved a new garage on Philo with the garage being built on the property line. The existing garage is/was on the property line and if they have to follow St. Louis County building codes, the garage will be in the middle of the yard and not accessible from the existing driveway.
The circle on Autumn will cost $11,000-$12,000 for the concrete work and approximately $2,000-$3,000 for landscaping and planters.
Neal offered a little help to Mike with all of the occupancy permits, but Mike said he has it under control.
6. Waste Management Report presented by Heidi Warren.
Nothing to report.
7. Village Clerk Report presented by Donna Gravatt.
Nothing to report.
8. Chairman’s Report presented by Neal Vohsen.
Happy with the current IT services.
Need to include in newsletter the day-to-day rules that homeowners need to follow: recycling cans remaining with new homeowners, putting out trash cans too early and leaving them too late, picking up after pets, numbers of pets allowed per household, permits for deck, and trash removal when moving, etc.
Bob is going to look into what notices and/or fines are appropriate for infractions listed above.
9. New Business
Need to contact 9104 Dana about removing carport – before it sells.
The Board intends to have video meetings until the end of 2020.
10. Motion to adjourn the meeting made by Neal and JC seconded the motion. Meeting adjourned at 8:37.