THE VILLAGE OF WILBUR PARK
ST. LOUIS COUNTY, MO 63123
June 16, 2020
- Meeting called to Order at 7:14. Board Members Neal Vohsen, Heidi Warren, Mike Edwards, JC Wheeler and Donna Gravatt present. Village Attorney Bob Paster also present. Officer Dan Schroeder was not present. We are in a web meeting because of COVID-19 and the stay-at-home orders
2. May meeting minutes reviewed and stand as presented. JC accepted and Neal seconded.
3. May 2020 Police Activity Report presented by Neal.
Total Calls for Service: 203 Self-Initiated Calls: 2
Total Contract Patrols: 184 Directed Calls: 11
Total Time in Minutes Spent on Contract Patrols: 1696.5 Reports Written: 2
Summonses Issued: 0
Average Minutes per Contract Patrol: 9.2 Total Arrests: 0
Nothing out of the ordinary to report.
4. Treasurer’s Report for May 2020 presented by JC Wheeler
May 2020 Profit & Loss Statement presented. Balance Sheet as of May 31, 2020.
CD’s are due. One was renewed for 120 days.
Sewer Lateral program had a balance of $3,606.72 at the end of May 2020.
There is police tape over the sewer at one resident’s yard. Looks like a collapse.
Construction running behind schedule because of COVID. There are no sewer lateral jobs pending.
JC sent in the annual report on 6-15-20 with confirmation so we are in compliance.
Wilbur Park should see some income from the Bridge & Road tax.
Motion to accept Treasurer’s report was made by Neal and seconded by Donna.
5. Road & Building Commissioner’s Report presented by Mike Edwards.
Four occupancy inspections requested: two on Kathleen, one on Philo and one on Hershey
9039 Kathleen has a window that has been boarded up badly and there has been no activity to fix. The house has been vacant for years with the owner now living with her daughter. How do we gain access to board up the house and get rid of any rodents inside. Heidi will try to contact the daughter.
Mike and Neal will be visiting the house on Dana to issue inform that the carport needs to be removed within 30 days. Against ordinance.
6. Waste Management Report presented by Heidi Warren.
Nothing to report.
7. Village Clerk Report presented by Donna Gravatt.
Nothing to report.
8. Chairman’s Report presented by Neal Vohsen.
9113 Overton has an RV parked in their driveway. If the vehicle/camper doesn’t fit in the driveway behind the front facing of the house, then it can’t be parked at the residence.
9 Mile Garden is opening on July 3rd.
Affton Chamber is having a live meeting on July 9th
Need to decide if Wilbur Park has a “live” meeting next month or “web” again.
9. New Business
Discussed ways to get traffic to slow down: barriers, speed bumps, “your speed” guns on the street signs. Would have to get fire station approval.
What to do about the mini bikes driving on the streets.
10. Motion to adjourn the meeting made by Neal and JC seconded the motion. Meeting adjourned at 8:12.