The Village of Wilbur Park
St. Louis County, MO 63123
July 16, 2019
- Meeting called to Order at 7:06. Board Members JC Wheeler, Neal Vohsen, Heidi Warren, Mike Edwards and Donna Gravatt present. Village Attorney Bob Paster in attendance. Three residents present.
- June 2019 meeting minutes reviewed. Minutes stand as presented.
- June 2019 Police Activity Report presented by Neal Vohsen.
Total Calls for Service: 193 Self-Initiated Calls: 0
Total Contract Patrols: 182 Directed Calls: 10
Total Time in Minutes Spent on Contract Patrols: 200 Reports Written: 0
Average Minutes per Contract Patrol: 10.4 Total Arrests: 0
Officer Dan Schroeder was not present due to moving into new precinct facility.
4. Treasurer’s Report for June 2019 presented by JC Wheeler.
June 2019 Profit & Loss Statement presented. Balance Sheet as of June 30, 2019. Profit & Loss, Budget vs. Actual for the period January thru June 2019. Sewer Lateral Municipal Receipts report presented. Treasury Reports stand as presented.
5. Need to amend agenda to include Ordinance 019-004. JC made the motion and Neal seconded.
6. First reading of Ordinance 019-004: AN ORDINANCE AMENDING TITLE III: TRAFFIC CODE, OF THE VILLAGE OF WILBUR PARK, MISSOURI CODE BY AMENDING SCHEDULE IV REGARDING PARKING RESTRICTIONS; PROVIDING FOR THE CURRENT MAINTENANCE OF THIS CODE; PROVIDING FOR THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS ORDINANCE; AND PROVIDING FOR THE REPEAL OF ALL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES.
7. Neal looked at the Village signs to see if they needed replaced. Need a No Parking sign in the circle on Autumn and a No Parking Here To Corner on Kathleen. Neal will review signs and Mike will order what is needed. New signs come from the Street Maintenance Fund.
8. Neal will phone Jefferson City regarding the account where the tax payment is to come out. The routing number was incorrect. JC will make sure all accounts have the updated routing number.
9. Second reading of Ordinance 091-004.
10. Road & Building Commissioner’s Report presented by Mike Edwards.
The window replacement on Hershey and sewer work on Wayne are complete.
There is a house for sale on Rosemary and Overton and a tenant change on Hershey.
There are potholes on Philo, the street is dropping on Kathleen and road work needs to be done on Rosemary and Wayne also.
There was some discussion on occupancy permits. The seller needs to request permit inspection and when the buyer moves, they get the permit.
11. The third reading of Ordinance 019-004
JC made a Motion and Heidi seconded the Motion.
Neal and Donna will get together over the weekend to get Ordinance signed and sealed. The email Bob had sent regarding the ordinance was not received by Donna or Neal.
12. Waste Management Report presented by Heidi Warren.
Heidi reminded us that each household is entitled to one special pick up per month. Just call the trash company. If there is a refrigerator that needs to be picked up, please take the door off.
13. Village Clerk Report presented by Donna Gravatt.
Question was asked what the garage sale permit entailed. Just a return email to the resident will suffice.
14. Chairman’s Report presented by Neal Vohsen.
An email was received from a resident about commercial vehicles parking on Wayne Drive. The situation has been resolved. Commercial box truck is gone.
In these cases, residents can call the non-emergency police number and the police will put no parking stickers on the vehicle.
15. New Business
Shrubs needs to be removed at 9024 Kathleen
House on Overton has a pool installed by the previous owner. New owner has not maintained the pool, there is no fence and it is causing a health issue and attracting mosquitos. Need to check if they have an occupancy permit. Neal will send notice to residents regarding pool and fence.
Residents don’t know that they need to get occupancy permits. This is something the realtors should know.
JC says the fence North of South Virgil has weeds 4’-0 high. He is going to call Dan to see if Dan know who could help with this situation.
Behind Dominos, the fence needs to be repaired. And also, someone installed a permanent basketball hoop. This is against ordinance.
Linda, Heidi and Donna will draft up a welcome letter for new residents regarding trash, snow removal, garage sale ordinance, pet ordinance, etc.
JC cleaned out some of the concrete planters and planted flowers.
16. Motion to adjourn the meeting made by JC, Heidi seconded the motion. Meeting adjourned at 8:21.