The Village of Wilbur Park
St. Louis County, MO 63123
June 18, 2019
- Meeting called to Order at 7:01. Board Members JC Wheeler, Neal Vohsen, Heidi Warren, Mike Edwards and Donna Gravatt present. Village Attorney Bob Paster in attendance. Affton Southwest Precinct Officer Dan Schroeder and Lt Aaron Schaeffer were present. One resident present, Tori Peterson.
- Lt. Aaron Schaeffer introduced himself. He manages the police contracts for municipalities in St. Louis County. Lt. Schaeffer reminded us of the Affton Precinct move and invited us to the July Police Board monthly meeting and tour of their offices.
- May 2019 meeting minutes reviewed. Minutes stand as presented.
- The first reading of Ordinance 019-001
AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES TO EXECUTE A CONTRACT ON BEHALF OF THE VILLAGE OF WILBUR PARK, MISSOURI, WITH ST. LOUIS COUNTY MISSOURI, FOR PROVISION OF POLICE SERVICES, AND PROVIDING FOR THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THE ORDINANCE.
5. May 2019 Police Activity Report presented by Dan Schroeder.
Total Calls for Service: 182 Self-Initiated Calls: 2
Total Contract Patrols: 182 Directed Calls: 8
Total Time in Minutes Spent on Contract Patrols: 2061.2 Reports Written: 4
Average Minutes per Contract Patrol: 11.3 Total Arrests: 0
No crimes to report. All calls were for vehicle accidents. Moving into new “temporary” space in early July.
6. Treasurer’s Report for May 2019 presented by JC Wheeler.
May 2019 Profit & Loss Statement presented. Balance Sheet as of May 31, 2019. Profit & Loss, Budget vs. Actual for the period January thru May 2019. Sewer Lateral Municipal Receipts report presented. Treasury Reports stand as presented.
Still need to spend the County Public Safety Money. The balance is up to $37,680.23.
Can we spend some of the safety money on new Speed Limit Signs, Street Not Thru Signs, etc. to replace the old, damaged, faded, missing and smaller signs.
Neal said he would walk around and see what needs to be done.
JC submitted the Annual Report a little earlier than the June 30 deadline and it was IN COMPLIANCE.
7. The second reading of Ordinance 019-001
8. Road & Building Commissioner’s Report presented by Mike Edwards.
There was one (1) occupancy inspection at 9119 Weber.
There was a permit on Hershey for window replacement.
Doesn’t seem that we can get rid of the NO PARKING signs on Virgil. If there was parking on both sides of the street, it would be too narrow for emergency vehicles. There needs to be 10’-0 clear space between vehicles.
Discussed adding Handicapped Parking and moving other No Parking Zones signs.
Bob Paster is reviewing parking ordinances. He will drive by and take measurements where the new signs need to go. May need permission to install.
The street plumbing/lateral line work at 9119 Wayne is complete.
10. The third reading of Ordinance 019-001
JC made a Motion and Neal seconded the Motion.
11. Waste Management Report presented by Heidi Warren.
Nothing to report.
Neal was getting the resident at 9127 Wayne a new recycle trash can.
11. First reading to adopt Ordinance 19-002, Investment Procedures, we were given last month. JC will be vacating the Treasurer position April 2020.
AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING AN INVESTMENT POLICY AND INVESTMENT PROCEDURES FOR THE VILLAGE OF WILBUR PARK.
12. Second and Third Reading to adopt Ordinance No. 019-002.
JC Motion to Accept, Heidi seconded
13. Village Clerk Report presented by Neal Vohsen.
Neal thought he remembered a message regarding a garage sale permit.
Neal also had contact with Joy Ruff regarding the boil order.
14. First, Second and Third reading of Ordinance 19-003
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING TITLE III: TRAFFIC CODE, OF THE VILLAGE OF WILBUR PARK, MISSOURI CODE BY AMENDING SCHEDULE IV, PARKING RESTRICTIONS; PROVIDING FOR THE CURRENT MAINTENANCE OF THIS CODE; PROVIDING FOR THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS ORDINANCE; AND PROVIDING FOR THE REPEAL OF ALL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES.
JC Motion and Second by Mike. Ordinance adopted.
15. Chairman’s Report presented by Neal Vohsen.
Neal received a call from Joy Ruff. She was looking after her neighbor. All is well.
Joe Wilhite passed away 1 year ago. Discussed a memorial sign or plaque in honor of Joe. We are thinking a sign below the Wilbur Park signs.
16. New Business
Heidi brought up the issue that the mailing list button on our website doesn’t work. She will get with the website company to fix the issue. Also wants to talk to Linda about linking the “add to mailing list” button to her personal email.
Heidi also wants to address her neighbor’s shrubs. When she is backing out of her driveway, she can’t see around the neighbor’s shrubs to see oncoming traffic. Neighbor apparently doesn’t live in the house.
17. Motion to adjourn the meeting made by JC, Heidi seconded the motion. Meeting adjourned at 8:18.