The Village of Wilbur Park St. Louis, MO 63123
August 20, 2013 – Monthly Minutes
1. Meeting opened at 7:05pm. JC Wheeler not in attendance. No Village residents in attendance.
2. July meeting minutes reviewed. Minutes stand as presented.
3. Treasurer’s Report for August 2013 presented by Joe Wilhite.
July 2013 Total Income $10,998.36
Total Expense $ 6,031.90
Net Income (Loss) $ 4,966.46
Balance Sheet as of July 31, 2013 presented. Joe discussed Cash Balance and the need to reduce the balance
by moving cash to CD’s. Sewer Lateral Fund balance of $13,170.10 presented.
4. Road and Building Commissioners Report presented by Rich Warren. Three permits issued. Three more under inspection. 9024 Kathleen passed inspection. 9038 Rosemary in need of inspection. 9052 Rosemary in need of re-inspection.
5. Solid Waste Hauling Report presented by Ben Gathard. No issues to report. Bid solicitation discussed. Bob will request bids from approximately six waste haulers.
6. July 2013 Village Police Report presented by Joe Wilhite.
Total Contract Patrols 190 1,691 minutes spent Average minutes of Contract Patrols 8.90
Total Other Patrols 13 77 minutes spent Average minutes of Contract Patrols 5.90
Larceny in vehicles remains a problem. Keep vehicles locked and items out of sight.
7. Village Clerk report presented by Neal Vohsen. No Garage/Yard Sales to report. Village Board reviewed and completed the Municipal Real Estate Survey. Village Clerk will return Municipal Real Estate Survey to Realtor’s Association.
8. Special Projects report presented by Sue Schleicher. Sidewalk at 9021 Philo completed. Sidewalk at 4812 Hershey completed and will be re-inspected. Sue will be publishing the Winter Newsletter soon.
9. Chairman’s Report presented by Joe Wilhite
Joe working with local banks to find suitable investments to reduce Cash Balance.
10. New Business. Bob has contacted St. Louis County Counselor’s Office regarding their handling of Village prosecutions. Bob will request copy of current contract.
Meeting adjourned 7:45pm.