The Village of Wilbur Park – St. Louis, MO 63123
February 21, 2012 – Monthly Minutes
- Meeting opened 7:00pm with all Board Members in attendance. Four Village residents in attendance. Two St. Louis County police officers in attendance.
- January 2012 minutes reviewed. Minutes stand as presented.
- Lt. Aaron Rhodes from the Affton Fire Protection District, representing the Vote Yes Committee, discussed an April 2012 ballot tax proposal to add one (1) new ambulance to the District. Currently, the Affton District, comprised of approximately 40,000 residents and 8.5 square miles, is served by one ambulance. These resident and area totals are usually covered by 3-4 ambulances. A recent increase of 10% in call volume and the nearly completed construction of two retirement homes in Affton expected to further increase EMS calls. The proposed tax of $0.26 per $100 valuation will appear on the April 2012 ballot. Informational literature will be distributed at the March meeting or can be obtained from email@example.com or www.facebook.com/yesonpropa2012.
- Treasurer J.C. Wheeler presented the current Village Balance Sheet showing a Net Income of $3,259.09. Discussion of Sewer Lateral fund collections and disbursements for tax years 2010 and 2011. Sewer Lateral funds remitted to the Village for tax year 2010 fell short of projections. Shortfall in funds attributed to foreclosure and tax lien activity. 2010 balance will be audited. Recognized $10,296.39 in tax year 2011 remitted to the Village. Discussion of total amount of Sewer Lateral funds collected and total unused balance. Possible reduction in Sewer Lateral Tax if fund balance in surplus.
- Road and Building Commissioners Report presented by Rich Warren.
No road issues. No permits issued. Discussion of Ordinance 001-012 regarding “handicapped parking” area in front of 8717 South Virgil. Price quotes from Fast Signs presented for Handicapped Parking signs. Ordinance 001-012 passed by Village Board. Discussion to add two (2) No Parking signs at S. Virgil and Rosemary Ave. to the east of existing No Parking signs. Previously passed Ordinance adding existing No Parking signs will cover the addition of two (2) No Parking signs.
- Solid Waste Hauling and Police Liaison Report presented by Vernon Foerstel.
April 1 will begin yard waste pickup. Some residents have reported yard waste has been picked up prior to April 1.
Police report presented by Joe Wilhite.
Total Contract Patrols 187 1918 minutes spent Average minutes per Contract Patrols 10.26
Total Other Patrols 7 73 minutes spent Average minutes per Other Patrols 10.37
Officer Tim Rehagen introduced as new Resident Policing Officer.
- Village Clerk Report presented by Neal Vohsen.
No permits issued. As of this meeting date no billing invoice has been received from Board of Election Commissioners for April 2012 General Municipal Election.
- Chairman’s Report presented by Joe Wilhite.
Joe Wilhite and JC Wheeler attended Mayor’s meeting on the topic of the County Tax Sharing program. The proposed elimination of Class B cities has been dropped. The sharing of 1% Sales Tax will continue.
A discussion of street maintenance on Rosemary Ave. followed. One bid to mill down asphalt over curbing and replace with asphalt overlay presented. Two additional bids will be solicited. Ordinance requested to allow Chairman to execute contract to winning bid.
- New Business
Resident in attendance questioned the need for the no access to Gravois Ave barriers located at Philo and S. Virgil Avenues. Joe commented that since the placement of the barriers, morning and afternoon rush hour traffic, and late night traffic, has been eliminated. This has led to substantial savings in road repair maintenance.
An Ordinance authorizing Chairman Joe Wilhite to sign a contract with Bottle Rocket Creative for the development and design of the Village website was requested.
Meeting adjourned at 8:20 pm.