The Village of Wilbur Park St. Louis, MO 63123
February 19, 2013 – Monthly Minutes
1. Meeting opened at 7:05pm. Joe Wilhite not in attendance. JC Wheeler called meeting to order. Rich Warren appointed as Chair Person pro tem. Seconded by Ben Gathard. St. Louis County Police Officer Rehagen in attendance. No Village residents in attendance.
2. January 2013 minutes reviewed. Meeting minutes stand as presented.
3. Aaron Rhodes from the Affton Fire District spoke on the benefits of the .26 cent tax increase recently passed by St. Louis County. One ambulance and six new employees have been added. Additional maintenance to Engine House #2 has been completed.
4. 1st reading of Ordinance allowing the Village to enter into a contract with St. Louis County Vector Control for mosquito spraying services.
5. Treasurer’s Report for January 2013 presented by Treasurer JC Wheeler.
January 2013 Total Income $8,908.01
Total Expense $7,438.33
Net Income(Loss) $1,469.68
Balance Sheet as of January 31, 2013 presented. Profit and Loss Statement presented. 2012 fund for sewer lateral will be delivered within a month.
6. 2nd reading of Ordinance allowing the Village to enter into a contract with St. Louis County Vector Control for mosquito spraying services.
7. Road and Building Commissioners Report presented by Rich Warren. Kathleen Ave house sold and not yet inspected. Inspection expected by the end of March. 4832 Hershey has been sprayed for insects twice. 9035 Philo inspection ordered. No Road issues to report.
8. Police report presented by Neal Vohsen.
Total Contract patrols 192 1854 minutes spent Average minutes per Contract Patrols 9.66
Total Other Patrols 27 1586 minutes spent Average minutes per Other Patrols 58.73
9. Solid Waste Hauling Report presented by Ben Gathard. No waste hauling issues to report.
10. 3rd and final reading of Ordinance allowing the Village to enter into a contract with St. Louis County Vector Control for mosquito spraying services.
11. Village Clerk report presented by Neal Vohsen. No Garage/Yard sale activity. Bulletin board posting for lost/missing basketball hoop on Philo Avenue. April 2 General Municipal Election candidates have been certified.
12. Special Projects report presented by Sue Schleicher. Winter 2013 Newsletter has been mailed to Village residents. No new issues to report.
Meeting adjourned 7:45pm.