The Village of Wilbur Park – St. Louis, MO 63123
January 17, 2012 – Monthly Minutes
- Meeting opened 7:00pm with all Board Members present except Sue Schleicher. Two Village residents in attendance. St. Louis County police officer in attendance.
- December 2011 minutes reviewed. Minutes stand as presented.
- Treasurer J.C. Wheeler presented the proposed Village Operating Budget for upcoming Year 2012. After review of the proposed Budget a discussion began regarding the impact of St. Louis County proposed changes to the Class A City and Class B City Sales and Use Tax sharing. A motion was made and seconded to accept the proposed Village Operating Budget for Year 2012.
- Road and Building Commissioners Report presented by Rich Warren.
No road issues. No permits issued. Home located at 9023 Kathleen Ave has passed inspection. Rich will contact appropriate office regarding “handicapped parking” area in front of 8717 South Virgil.
- Solid Waste Hauling Report presented by Vernon Foerstel.
Requested Waste Management to contact drivers asking them to place trash cans and recycling containers on the sidewalk and not blocking driveway access or in gutter blocking parking access.
Police report presented by Joe Wilhite.
Total Contract Patrols 190 1718 minutes spent Average minutes per Contract Patrols 9.04
Total Other Patrols 8 113 minutes spent Average minutes per Other Patrols 14.08
- Village Clerk report presented by Neal Vohsen.
Estate Sale Permit issued for 9036 Philo. Date of Sale yet to be decided. Permit holder will report to me the actual date of Sale when known. Declaration of Candidacy forms collected. 3 Candidates will vie for 2 positions.
- Chairman’s Report presented by Joe Wilhite.
Village of Wilbur Park website proposal has been discussed with Sue Schleicher with an emphasis on balancing the cost of the website upgrade with creating more website activity. Updated website proposal presented to The Board for review. A vote to move forward with the proposal will take place at the February 21 meeting.
AmerenUE meeting was attended on January 19 where an AmerenUE Mandatory Requirement – Transmission Vegetation Management program was outlined. This program will be undertaken by AmerenUE and will include the clearing of overgrown vegetation and cutting down incompatible lines in right of way.
- New Business
Further discussion by Ben Gathard regarding the completed website proposal.
Citizen’s Police Academy will take place beginning March 29 at Grace Union Church located at Lindbergh Blvd and Union Road. The St. Louis County Police will conduct these meetings on four (4) consecutive Thursdays beginning March 29 and will discuss all aspects of police work. A visit to the St. Louis County firearms range will also take place as a part of this program.
Meeting adjourned at 7:42 pm.