The Village of Wilbur Park St. Louis, MO 63123
September 18, 2012 Monthly Minutes
1. Meeting opened at 7:00pm. All Board Members in attendance. St. Louis County Police Officer Rehagen in attendance. No Village residents in attendance.
2. August 2012 minutes reviewed. Meeting minutes stand as presented. Voted to amend September Agenda to include reading of Ordinance 004-012, authorizing the Chairman of the Board of Trustees to execute a contract on behalf of the Village of Wilbur Park, Missouri with D&D Paving, LLC for provision of emergency street milling and paving services for Philo Avenue in the amount not to exceed $7,000.00.
1st reading of Ordinance 004-012 to execute a contract with D&D Paving, LLC for emergency milling and paving on Philo Avenue.
3. Treasurer’s Report for August 2012 presented by Treasurer JC Wheeler.
August 2012 Total Income $ 9,221.74
Total Expense $ 6,058.42
Net Income(Loss) $ 3,163.32
Balance Sheet as of August 31, 2012 presented. Profit and Loss Budget vs. Actual – January through August
2012 discussed. Sewer Lateral Report discussed. Current Sewer Lateral Report does not include payment for
work completed on Autumn Ave.
2nd reading of Ordinance 004-012 to execute a contract with D&D Paving, LLC for emergency milling and paving on Philo Avenue.
4. Road and Building Commissioners Report presented by Rich Warren and Joe Wilhite.
Two permits issued. Snow removal bids have been received from McManus Construction and Midwest Weather Snow Management. McManus Construction proposal given to Bob Paster to draw up a contract.
Dead tree has been removed from 4832 Hershey. An exterminator will be contacted to assess insect/spider infestation.
3rd reading of Ordinance 004-012 to execute a contract with D&D Paving, LLC for emergency milling and paving on Philo Avenue.
5. Solid Waste Hauling Report presented by Ben Gathard..
No resident complaint calls received. No updates reported.
Police report presented by Chairman Joe Wilhite.
Total Contract patrols 195 1722 minutes spent Average minutes per Contract Patrols 8.83
Total Other Patrols 11 302 minutes spent Average minutes per Other Patrols 27.46
6. Village Clerk Report presented by Neal Vohsen.
Yard Sale permit issued to 9113 Overton for 9/19 and 9037 Kathleen for 9/22. Neal will visit library on Saturday, October 6, to reserve meeting room for January 2013 through June 2013.
7. Chairman’s Report presented by Joe Wilhite.
Missing asphalt, divets, and holes have been discovered on the street in front of 9027 – 9033 Philo Avenue. Joe met with D&D Paving, LLC and received a proposal to mill down the area and taper back on each side of street to meet adjoining asphalt. Tree roots are lifting the sidewalk and street creating cracks and holes. With the approval of Ordinance 004-012, repair work to begin as soon as completed contract is received by D&D Paving, LLC. Rich will prepare and distribute advisory memo to affected residents on Philo.
Ordinance 004-012 passed following a voice vote of the Board.
8. Special Projects Report presented by Sue Schleicher.
Bob Paster sent letters to all residents who have tax liens. Bob reported no residents have responded to the letter.
9. New Business
The Village website development will continue with the inclusion of a FAQS and Questions section.
Meeting adjourned 8:05pm.