THE VILLAGE OF WILBUR PARK
ST. LOUIS COUNTY, MO 63123
February 21, 2023
- An In-person Meeting was called to Order at the Affton Fire Station at 7:05. Board Members Neal Vohsen, JC Wheeler, Heidi Warren, Mike Edwards and Donna Gravatt were present. Village Attorney Bob Paster and Officer Dan Schroeder present. Three residents were in attendance.
- January 2023 meeting minutes reviewed and accepted.
- January 2023 Police Activity Report
Total Calls for Service: 295 Self-Initiated Calls: 0
Directed Calls: 12
Reports Written: 1
Summonses Issued: 0
(no January police report received)
It’s been very quiet. The construction on the new police station is moving forward and expected to be finished Spring 2024.
Still larceny from cars at gas stations while the owner’s are pumping gas or going inside.
Catalytic converters still be stolen but violent crimes are down.
Still a few issues with cars in the Village without license plates, switching plates and a car on jacks that needs to be moved off the street. Dan will look after these.
Fence between Wilbur Park and Dominos is in disrepair again. Some residents seem to think that is a walkway for drug dealers and other residents want to keep it open to allow walking to Dominos.
Police is trying to figure out what to do with minor offenders.
The new resident on Weber tell us there was vandalism on the house before he closed. A new AC was installed with a cage and will put cameras around. Probably no more vandalism because house is now occupied.
4. Treasurer’s Report for December 2022 presented by JC Wheeler
The current balance sheet, as of January 31, 2023, has been updated.
Sewer Lateral account has an estimated NET balance of $15,379.88 and no one is on the wait list.
Just a reminder that the Police expense comes out of the Prop P money.
Corrected Flock invoice was received and paid by JC.
Prop P funds are now $50,256.63.
5. Road & Building Commissioner’s Report
One or two occupancy permit inspections were requested.
With the warmer weather, it might be time to do a few road repairs.
There is a sink hole at 9034 Kathleen that needs to do a dye test. The owner tried to fill in the hole and it washed away with the next rain. The sink hole is not in the street and the owner needs to contact the utilities. Mike may step in and help.
6. Waste Management Report by Heidi Warren
Nothing to report.
7. Village Clerk Report presented by Donna Gravatt.
Nothing to report.
8. Chairman’s Report presented by Neal Vohsen.
The trees have been removed from the planters. So now he is ready to get quotes for planting/maintaining the island and the planters. JC has not received the bill for the tree removal.
9. New Business
Bob is doing a little research on the Cable Class Action Lawsuit. Is it worth pursuing vs the costs associated with pursuing.
10. Meeting adjourned at 7:41.