The Village of Wilbur Park
St. Louis County, MO 63123
October 17, 2017
- Meeting Called to Order at 7:00pm. All Board Members present. Village Attorney Bob Paster in attendance. Affton Southwest Precinct Officer Dan Schroeder in attendance. Six Village Residents in attendance.
2. September 2017 meeting minutes reviewed. Minutes stand as presented.
3. Village Neighborhood Watch Chairman, Linda Noel, provided an update of the Quarterly Neighborhood Watch meeting. The majority of discussion at the Quarterly Watch Meeting centered on the Officer Shockley protests. 39 valid email addresses have been provided to the Neighborhood Watch Program. Linda is continuing to encourage communication for Village Facebook Page. The Village of Wilbur Park Newsletter will be delivered to valid email addresses and mailed to all other Village residents.
4. Treasurer’s Report for September 2017 presented by JC Wheeler.
September 2017 Total Income $ 12,730.03
Total Expense $ 10,157.97
Net Income (Loss) $ 2,572.06
September 2017 Profit & Loss Statement presented. Balance Sheet as of October 13, 2017 presented. Profit & Loss Budget vs. Actual January through September 2017 presented. Sewer Lateral Municipal Receipts report for September presented. Discussion of Sewer Lateral claims when the Sewer Lateral Fund has been depleted of funds.
- Road and Building Commissioners Report.
Letters have been sent to two properties on Kathleen Ave in need of repair by St Louis County Preservation. One Building Permit for Garage Construction has been issued for property on Wayne Drive.
- September 2017 Police Activity Report presented by Officer Dan Schroeder.
Total Calls for Service: 212 Self-Initiated Calls: 16
Total Contract Patrols: 191 Directed Calls: 2
Total Time in Minutes Spent on Contract Patrols 2177.60 Reports Written: 0
Average Minutes per Contract Patrol 11.4 Total Arrests: 0
- Solid Waste Hauling Report presented by Dan Kaestner.
Resident on Philo reported trash has not been picked up for three or four weeks. Dan reported this to Waste Mgmt. and trash pickup was made on same date of complaint. A Contract for Waste Pickup will be requested from Waste Management and reviewed by the Village Attorney and Chairman of the Village Board.
- Village Clerk Report.
No Yard/Garage Sale Activity to report in the Village.
- Chairman’s Report.
An estimated $23,574 will be the Village proceeds from the passage of Propositon P to be dedicated to law enforcement initiatives. Some of the initiatives may include increased Municipal Patrols, or a dedicated Officer to Village Patrols. A Stealth Stat used for recording vehicle speeds or a digital billboard to record and display vehicle speeds were also discussed.
- New Business
Village of Wilbur Park Newsletter is nearing completion and pending approval from Board Chairman.
- JC Motioned to Adjourn. Frank Lydon Seconded Motioned to Adjourn. Board Voted to Adjourn at 7:55pm.